Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Why ?

They always asked me why did I leave her when I was so hopelessly in love with her. I always tell them that being in love is not about stalking a person but it is about leaving them alone. Leave them to make decisions that make them happy. Love is all about Happiness and Freedom. It is not about your own happiness and never about what you want. It is always about the other person and their needs.

I never said a word when she said that she did not love me anymore. She told me when she started loving me and she told me when she stopped. The day I realized there was no return possible was when she told me that she has fallen in love with some one else. That is when I decided to give in to the real me. The person the world knew to be the king of deception. The moment of pure love was gone, now the love had to be tested. It had to past the test of caring, company, compassion and future. She had to show care for me, be mindful of my company, show compassion to others and plan a future with me.

In testing her on those scales. I never knew when the scales were broken and she had gone beyond reach. That is when I realized that in testing my love for her, I had lost her love for me. The plans I made to see if she loved me or not, had moved her further into the path of not loving me anymore. She may have seen past my old self, she may even have embraced the real me. Yet she did not know which one was the real me anymore. May be it was a message for me that I did not deserve her. I was as always the hopeless romantic. 

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of something familiar. The different realities of life and the life in each of the realities. Sometimes even the love--which is otherwise complete--is bemused--finding the real self. And yeah sometimes its too late to get past that zone which's like a black hole--nothing ever gets out.
    A great piece of writing though Sir :) Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely written :)
    if its not forever, its not love.everyone make mistakes and the real love would pass all the tests, I believe.

    ReplyDelete